Workshops & Events
Jacqui Colley: Phenomenon
ARTIST FLOOR TALK Saturday 26 May 2.00pm to 3.00pm (free event)
Join Jacqui Colley in the gallery on 26 May at 2.00pm sharing insights about her practice. Jacqui will be discussing the new paintings for her show Phenomenon. These works were developed in relation to "The Water Project” which is currently showing at the Ashburton Art Gallery.
The Water Project involved 13 artists responding to the invitation to 'be the water' and create work which challenges perceptions. The research trip in Canterbury involved visiting specific locations and attending a seminar bringing together water specialists, scientists, iwi and fishermen to discuss the water crisis. The exhibition will tour New Zealand in 2018 and 19.
As part of our commitment to the promotion of unique and quality hand made works, we offer a range of workshops across the mediums of Printmaking, Drawing and Bookbinding.
Our goal is to encourage the development of new skills and techniques within a friendly and supportive environment. Most of our workshops are designed for the beginner and the enthusiast, with some workshops offered as Master Classes with established artists.
There are currently no workshop dates planned.
- Places are limited to 8 participants so bookings are essential.
- Workshops are $150.00. A deposit of $75.00 is required to secure your booking.
- Workshop starts at 9.00am and finish at 5.00pm.
- This workshop is designed for artists with some relief printmaking experience
- Workshop take place in the gallery at 218 Willis Street Wellington.